The Infrastructure Senior Associate will support the FOMB’s Infrastructure Team (managing PREPA, PRASA, HTA and P3A matters) with ongoing deliverables including Fiscal Plans, Budgets, financial models, analyzing B2A reports, reviewing contracts for FOMB approval, managing relationships and leading meetings with internal and external stakeholders, reviewing the work of peers before managers, assisting with preparing recommendations and presentations for the Director, Executive Director and the Board. Participate and lead coordination and efforts in the fiscal plan and budget development and amendment processes.
- Track and monitor the implementation of government agencies.
- Certified Fiscal Plan and Certified Budget, the completion of important milestones, and deadline compliance.
- Develop practical recommendations and contribute to discussions on implications of analysis.
- Identifying implementation and budgetary challenges, and additional measures required.
- Track liquidity and other metrics, handle complex analyses and prepare communications to report back to Director, Executive Director, and the Board when needed.
- Mentor and assist staff in the implementation of all key operational and financial measures in accordance with the Certified Fiscal Plan.
- Monitor developments and advise management once implementation occurs or if delays are expected.
- Develop and review, as necessary, revisions to the Fiscal Plan, potentially coordinating with the support of advisors.
- Develop and review the annual budget process to ensure consistency with the Certified Fiscal Plan.
- Prepare materials for communications team to ensure key messages are shared with stakeholders and the public in general
- Communicate with Manager about important milestones and policy decisions required.
- Supervise staff to guarantee compliance with milestones and projects.
- Meet with advisors to coordinate on preparation of Certified Fiscal Plan and Budgets.
- Other tasks which may be required by operational needs.
Daily contact with the Directors, Managers, and staff to achieve the objectives of PROMESA
Frequent contact with consultants, government agencies, attorneys and other stakeholders as needed.
Involve supervisory responsibility.
Requirements for the position
To successfully perform this position, an individual must be capable of performing each essential task in a satisfactory manner. The following requirements represent the required knowledge, skills and/or capacity. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years of specific combined experience, working with the government local or federal is preferred.
- Must be skilled with financial monitoring and comfortable with the analysis of financial statements
- Staff supervisory responsibilities experience preferred
- Analytical and financial planning skills necessary
- Analytical and financial planning experience
- Experience in Federal funding requirements, budget development
- Capable of presenting budget to high level management
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to analyze data and situations, independently develop, effectively present and propose, and successfully implement solutions and alternatives.
- Must have an analytical understanding of PROMESA
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
- Demonstrate critical thinking and ability to bring order to unstructured problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to prioritize and work in a time sensitive environment and under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proactively takes ownership while being able to delegate to others, including coaching (if necessary), to deliver results
- Pursue opportunities in considering new/different situations, stakeholders and perspectives
- Resourceful, able to communicate with internal and external sources to obtain the necessary information to inform recommendations.
- Should possess strong reading, writing, editing, and leadership skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, develop realistic action plans and measurable outcomes, create program budgets, prioritize, and plan workload, and use time efficiently.
- Experience in assessing and adjusting financial models
- Work with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
- Strong knowledge in word, excel and power point
- Advanced English. Excellent speaking and writing skills
- Learns and adapts to dynamic demands inherent to the job and work environment.
- Interacts in a mature, tactful, and flexible manner with team members and external stakeholders
- Establishes and maintains positive, effective working relationships with co-workers and consultants, among others.
The physical demands described herein represent those to be fulfilled by an employee to successfully perform the essential tasks of this position. A reasonable accommodation may be reached to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
While carrying out the tasks of this position, the employee is normally sitting, using its hands to hold or feel and grasp objects; the employee will often stand, walk, talk, and listen. Specific vision skills required for this job include close-up and color vision.
The features of the working environment described herein represent those found by the employee while performing the essential tasks of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
While carrying out tasks in this job, the employee is not exposed to environmental conditions of work. Noise levels in the workplace are generally low.
Health, safety, and environmental requirements
The occupant of this position must strictly comply with all health, safety and environmental policies and procedures and must actively participate in related activities of the organization. The occupant of the position will also be trained in any specific procedures and regulations applicable to the position, if needed.
This description is based on a management evaluation made in accordance with the requirements and tasks of the position as of the date of preparation of the description. This description is a general guide for the employee, managers, and colleagues, and does not include an exhaustive list of all elements and details of the job. Management reserves the right to modify this description at any time or change the tasks and responsibilities on a temporary or open-ended basis to meet objectives, timetables and recruiting goals