This position will be responsible for direct support of the Oversight Board’s Department Director and staff. The Administrative Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all administrative matters related to the Department. This role provides operational support and administrative functions, including coordinating departmental matters, planning and executing schedules of supporting personnel.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all administrative functions.
- The position is responsible for duties such as answering phone calls, coordinating departmental meetings, conference rooms set up with the office coordinator when in need, managing confidential files and/or information addressed to the Director or FOMB.
- Printing confidential documents, reports, compiling and organizing documentation sent to the Director and/or requested by the director or his supporting personnel Team in a timely manner.
- Receive visits and telephone calls from directors and officials in the Oversight Board, governmental agencies, and senior representatives of industry and public sector.
- Maintain strong communication skills for the Director interaction with Government representatives on sensitive topics and related daily activities.
- Supports visitors for Director’s scheduled meetings in compliance with established access and security protocol.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Use office automation systems and various software packages (including the Microsoft Office suite) to accomplish work.
- Proofread and revise documents before distributing it, to guarantee no details in terms of format is missing.
- Provide support to other departments during vacation or lunch time of colleagues, when needed.
- Promote a positive work environment that encourages individuals and groups to achieve their goals in the organization.
- Other tasks which may be required by operational needs.
- Complete assigned administrative projects with expediting work results, such as creating and updating contacts database.
- Exhibits always a polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory of the department by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for office supplies to the FOMB Office Procurement.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing department and FOMB related results as needed.
Daily contact with the Directors, Managers, and staff to achieve the objectives of PROMESA.
Frequent contact with consultants, government agencies, attorneys and other stakeholders as needed.
The position does not involve supervisory responsibility.
Requirements for the position
To successfully perform this position, an individual must be capable of performing each essential task in a satisfactory manner. The following requirements represent the required knowledge, skills and/or capacity. A reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in Business or Administrative Assistant
- Three to five years as Executive Assistant or Administrative Assistant
- Knowledge of the ADP program is preferred.
- OSHA certification or knowledge of OSHA reporting preferred.
- Experience in organizing daily workload by priorities in a fast-paced and quick changing environment.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Meets deadlines and establishes appropriate priority to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Communicates effectively and professionally in Spanish and English (written and oral).
- Manages and maintains calendars and schedules, and effectively navigates appointments.
- Works independently, efficiently, Excellent time management skills, accountable and focus.
- Manages workload from different sources, meets goals and objectives.
- Proficient in the entire Microsoft Office suite.
- Organized and accessible, maintains efficient workspace, manages time well.
- Interacts in a mature, tactful, and flexible manner with team members and consultants.
- Establishes and maintain positive, effective working relationships with co-workers and consultants, among others.
- Learns and adapts to dynamic demands inherent to the job and work environment.
The physical demands described herein represent those to be fulfilled by an employee to successfully perform the essential tasks of this position. A reasonable accommodation may be reached to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
While carrying out the tasks of this position, the employee is normally sitting, using its hands to hold or feel and grasp objects; the employee will often stand, walk, talk, and listen. Specific vision skills required for this job include close-up and color vision.
The features of the working environment described herein represent those found by the employee while performing the essential tasks of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
While carrying out tasks in this job, the employee is not exposed to environmental conditions of work. Noise levels in the workplace are generally low.
Health, safety, and environmental requirements
The occupant of this position must strictly comply with all health, safety and environmental policies and procedures and must actively participate in related activities of the organization. The occupant of the position will also be trained in any specific procedures and regulations applicable to the position, if needed.
This description is based on a management evaluation made in accordance with the requirements and tasks of the position as of the date of preparation of the description. This description is a general guide for the employee, managers, and colleagues, and does not include an exhaustive list of all elements and details of the job. Management reserves the right to modify this description at any time or change the tasks and responsibilities on a temporary or open-ended basis to meet objectives, timetables and recruiting goals.